Architects make great lovers: Rumors can be a hit, occasionally
Valentine’s Day brings with it mixed emotions for architects. Love is supposedly in the air, but with all those projects on the go, who has the time to date in the design world?
It’s hard enough finding time to sleep, let alone to find romance.
Hope persists in the shape of some very creative couples that managed to build not only architectural masterpieces, but also a great relationship together. From Charles and Ray Eames, to Billie Tsien and Tod Williams, there are plenty out there who have transcended the trials of architecture and made it work.
As it turns out, your architect friend might just make for the perfect partner — or a great date for Valentine’s Day, at the very least.
Here are just a few reasons an architect could be the perfect match for you, and we’re sure there are many more besides …
Architects, let us know your most attractive qualities in the comments below!
1. Their attention to detail means date night will be perfectly planned every time.
2. They have the patience of a saint (except when the plotter breaks down).
5. They love to travel — they’ll show you the world!
6. They have GREAT commitment (they got through architecture school, after all).
7. They’re great at conflict resolution (with the help of lawyers).
8. They know all the best honeymoon spots (the architectural ones, at least).
9. They know how to make the best coffee.
10. They have the best taste in music.
11. They have the best taste in holiday gifts.
12. They have amazing dress sense.
14. They know culture like no one else.
15. They won’t fall asleep on you.
16. If they do fall asleep on you, it’s for very good reason
17. They have a great sense of humor (although you might not understand all their jokes).
18. They will never clash with you because they always wear black.
19. They know all about Romanticism.
20. They understand the importance of stability — emotional and structural!
21. They are great listeners (to professors, clients, contractors and you … ).
22. They know that form is nothing without function.
23. They are passionate about what they do.
25. They are considerate of the needs of others (clients, contractors, professors and engineers … sometimes!).
26. They value honesty and integrity (in building materials, and in life).
27. They know how to have a good time (once the project deadline has passed).
28. If everything works out, they’ll design a dream home for you and your future architect children.
29. If it doesn’t, refer back to No. 7.