Adonis Diaries

Posts Tagged ‘maintenance chores

Bye, bye Earth. It was okay to meeting with you

You should have realized by now that life is mainly a maintenance process, including procreation.

Life is basically learning how to survive, just to keep living as long as our physical potentials have not been exhausted.

What kind of maintenance tasks can you recall? Dusting, mopping, washing dishes, cooking, taking care of dirty children, gathering anything to eat, fetching water, bathing…

By the by, communities invented a fictitious splitting of tasks. Women were allocated the maintenance chores, by tradition and customs, while men went hunting and bragging about their prowess, including how much they could drink non-alcoholic beer.

By the by, communities were organized so that 95% of the people get engaged in the maintenance tasks, including the monotonous production and caring for the comfort of the other 5% who appointed themselves “above the fray

By the by, a group of clergy was instituted to mind the soul and after life conditions of the people in the community, particularly initiating the community to the rituals and attending ceremonies according to rules and proper attitudes.

For example, you have priests who visit homes, sprinkle some water in all the room, and wait for a handsome bonus for his well-intentioned zeal and for remembering the needs of the households, and offering the prayer for the occasion.

The 5% were supposed to have plenty of time to reflect on:

1. the meaning of life

2. How happy the community can be if it obeyed their prescriptions and rules of conduct

3. What a waste that my talents are not appreciated to their true values

4. The hardship that I suffer for seeing my dream projects ignored

5. How it is boring that I achieved my project and have to restart this exhausting cycle of anxiety and endurance.

6. How my potentials are not taken seriously and how cruel it feels to be mocked…

7. What’s the point. After all the only certainties are death and taxes

Now and then people revolt and demand that these customs of separation of tasks be changed and “reformed”

It is not this 5% of mankind will make any substantial difference in diminishing the maintenance chores, due to their inability and lack of skills to making any significant difference in the oiling of the social mechanism, but it is a nice boost to the community morale.

A morale boost observing the 5% contributing their time and leftover energy getting on with the maintenance tasks of the living, of getting accustomed of what it takes to have the time to think and reflect properly.

Just a nice reprieve that the 5% will shut up for a while and desist sermonizing and complaining about the meaning of life.

And we end up food for the other species or dust for the vegetables.

And maybe, a billion year from now, we’ll be components of a lousy organic species, here on earth or somewhere in another planet.

As David Hume stated 3 centuries ago:

Since reason is incapable of dispelling these perplexing philosophical clouds, nature suffices to that purpose and cures me of this philosophical melancholy and delirium. Nature relaxes this bent of mind, or by some evocation and living impression of my senses, which obliterate all these chimeas

Can we at least preserve nature?





April 2021

Blog Stats

  • 1,466,155 hits

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by

Join 804 other followers

<span>%d</span> bloggers like this: